A free spirit is someone who thinks and acts in an uninhibited way that isn’t influenced by societal pressure. They don’t play by the rules just because someone else says so, instead they prefer to live in their own unconventional way moving with the flow of life.
If you’re looking to discover whether or not you fit the mold of a free spirit, ask yourself this:
Is freedom or complacency more important to me in life?
Maybe you naturally answered freedom, or you thought complacency is what you wanted in life, but it’s no longer fulfilling, so you've chosen to take a more free spirited approach to life. Either way, the good news is: you can become one! After all, its been said you’re not born a free spirit, but rather become one.
People often find it difficult to understand a free spirit because of their unorthodox way of life. The stereotypical idea of a free spirit is commonly thought to be some hippie who advocates against large corporations and travels around the world on their own accord, but that's far from the truth because anyone can be a free spirit -- it’s not a stereotype, it’s real people, all types of people who choose to live their life through truth and freedom, opposed to comfort and conformity.
10 signs of a true free spirit
- They’re passionate
- They’re independent
- They follow their intuition
- They live despite any fear
- They don’t follow the crowd
- They never get too attached
- They have a go with the flow mentality
- They know that life is meant to be lived
- They don’t often compare themselves to people
- They’re not influenced by the pressures of society
Becoming a free spirit can take practice, patience and awakening. If you’re looking to choose a life path that's full of freedom, start practicing this:
- Be happy today
- Go with the flow
- Live in the present
- Release your fears
- Free yourself from society
- Do things that make you uncomfortable
- Let go of the past and things that don’t serve you
- Let go of the idea that you always have to be right, a free spirited life is not a matter of “right” or “wrong”
Being a free spirit means to live passionately, staying true to yourself, and doing things make you truly happy! No matter what may people say, or how different your way of life may seem to others, the goal is to become unbothered by the naysayers and feel total confidence and fulfillment .