We can all use a little inspiration at times, am I right?
Are you feeling like your life needs some perking up, or are you simply stuck in a rut of blah-ness (like all the time)? Although these rollercoaster moods can be very relatable, it can also be very difficult to motivate yourself during these lows. Fortunately, there are infinite ways we can be inspired by the world around us, especially when we remove big distractions *cough* social media and open our minds to what's right in front of us.
The Law of Attraction is a true testament to sparking and maintaining persistent inspiration, therefore if you change your thoughts you will change the way you see the world. Winston Churchill said it best “the pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity, the optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.”
When you are able to maintain a positive and open-mind, opportunities will flow into your life, however you need to put your faith in the universe and trust whatever is happening to you is for a reason and everything will turn out better than you can imagine, even if it's not currently going exactly the way you imagined it.
It's safe to say we have all felt what it’s like to be uninspired because sometimes you just can’t motivate yourself, no matter how many times you tell yourself to do so. Well, according to a group of renowned Psychologists who study inspiration, sparking inspiration involves a passive and an active aspect. Passive meaning, you see someone or something who motivates you to want to want to improve yourself, and active meaning it inspires you to want to create something of value. Therefore, when you have a bad case of feeling uninspired you can re-spark your creative juices simply by watching someone successful that you admire -- it's a simple trick that actually works.
Here are the top ways to successfully spark inspiration that include both passive and active aspects:
10 ways to become inspired
- Put away your phone! Make a conscious effort each day to put down your phone (even if it’s just one hour) to reduce distractions and allow your own ideas to flow.
- Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today: focusing on the past and things you cannot change take up too much of our precious energy, and doesn’t allow us to live in the present, which can result in stress, anxiety and lack of inspiration. So remind yourself to be present when your mind is wandering back in time.
- Motivate yourself: with a TED Talk on a topic you’re super passionate about.
- Read blogs: from writers or topics you get joy from.
- Get creative with your hands: whether that’s through painting, drawing, using an adult colouring book, making beaded jewelry, your own face mask, or lip stick, the possibilities are endless and these activities will help spark creativity which can stimulate and inspire us.
- Give back: volunteer somewhere in your local community that resonates with you, for example the animal shelter or elderly home. Giving back not only helps those in need, but it is extremely rewarding and evenmore, you’ll probably meet someone or something that inspires you.
- Teach someone: use your personal skills to teach someone something that you truly enjoy and are good at, this can help reignite your fire and re-inspire you.
- Try something you’re scared of doing: this is one of the best ways to spark new creativity and inspiration because it stimulates the brain in different areas that haven’t been accessed, and it will be very rewarding, as they say you can’t grow in life without new experiences.
- Get physical: this simple yet effective trick works because exercising produces happy hormones, plus it will help you feel more motivated and confident which will lead to feeling more inspired in life. So get outside or get in the gym and be on your way to a happier, healthier, more inspired you!
- Be at peace knowing there are times in life when you simply won’t feel inspired and that’s perfectly OK because you’re a human! Sometimes you just need to sit back, relax and not stress to reignite your inspirational side.