When it comes to self-care, we often focus on skincare routines, make up and hair products. But have you ever considered the impact your shower water has on your skin?
Most people don’t, but I’m here to fill you in on a little secret..
You can transform your hair and skin with a super simple upgrade to your shower!
Filtered shower heads are a revolountary hack designed for beauty lovers who want a simple yet effective way to improve the quality and shine of their hair and skin.
Using filtered shower water comes with an array of benefits every beauty lover should know, so let’s dive in to see how and why it works!
Unfiltered water contains nasty chemicals, minerals, and impurities that will wreak havoc on your hair and skin. Not only that, but regular water can exacerbate common skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis causing added dryness and irritation to the skin.
Who are the culprits lurking in your water?
Tap water contains chlorine, heavy metals, and many other contaminants. While these substances are essential for the safety and treatment of our water, they can unfortunately damage our hair and skin. Take chlorine for example, this chemical strips away natural oils in our hair, leading to frizzy, dry and damaged hair. Heavy metals like lead and mercury for example can clog our pores, causing irritation, and speed up the aging process. Therefore, investing in a quality filtered shower head can help you minimize exposure to these harmful elements.
Benefits of using a filtered shower head
- Improved quality, shine and moisture to hair
- Reduced dandruff
- Anti-aging benefits
- Cleaner pores
- Hydrated skin
- Relieve skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis
- Eliminate exposure to harmful bacteria
Types of filtered shower heads
- Granular activated carbon filter: activated carbon is used to neutralize all chemicals present in shower water. This is also the most common filter on the market, and is super effective at removing chlorine
- Kinetic degradation fluxion filter: these filters work together creating a positive and negative charge which helps remove chlorine, mercury, lead, and other chemicals
- Vitamin C filter: this specific type of filter actually uses vitamin C (just as it sounds) to remove chloramines, chlorine and sediments from our water and are also very popular
Taking care of your hair and skin goes beyond using products, it actually begins with the water you use. This simple yet powerful shower upgrade is a must for every beauty routine. It's as easy as 1, 2, 3.. Choose a shower head, install it and say hello to softer, more radiant skin that feels rejuvenated and looks vibrant.