The key to unlocking the magic of life
As we mature and grow older we tend to lose sight of the magic and wonder of life that we felt as a child, especially when life gets tough. For many of us a lot of energy is spent juggling between thinking about the past and future and simply trying to survive this crazy world, steering us far, far away from feeling the magic of life. I want you to spread the word, because it doesn't have to be like this -- there are a handful of simple and amazing ways to re-spark the magic in your life!
- Believe in it: first and foremost, you have to believe in magic in order for it to exist! A lot of people don’t believe in magic because they think it’s silly or unrealistic, when the reality is magic makes so many more things possible, even the impossible – that’s how miracles are created!
“Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”― Roald Dahl
- Fill your life with love: look for ways to add more love to your life and others! Love is a magical feeling and the world certainly needs to see and feel more of it. Fill your love bucket in all ways possible – from relationships, to family or a furry friend and even your career. Fall in love again with everything from what you do, to who you fall asleep with at night. If something is no longer serving you in your life and bringing you the love you deserve, make healthy changes to reignite your magic of love!
- Remain present: bringing all of your energy and awareness into the present will allow you to capture the magic of the moment. As adults we are often so caught up between worrying about the past and future, that we leave no time to enjoy the present moment. If you are guilty of this (just like many others) it’s time to connect with the now and forget about the rest, even if just for a little while. Don’t let experiences that are right in front of you slip away because of yesterday or tomorrow’s problem, take advantage of the present to bring the magic back to your moments.
- Keep on dreaming: the hustle and bustle of our modern day lives can leave little to no time for day-dreaming, but it’s extremely important not to forget about your own passions, dreams and aspirations. Allow yourself the time to dream, for it sparks magic inside of us, so ask yourself this: what does your dream life look like? What’s your dream job? What do you truly crave? And once you answer those questions, take the right steps towards achieving those dreams by making them a reality. To quote Stevie Wonder "dreamers, keep on dreaming!"
- Connect to your inner child: the intent of reconnecting with your inner child is to help you take life a little less seriously. The responsibilities we take on as adults can feel mundane, leaving many of us feeling stuck and uninspired. Tapping into our inner child allows us to feel like a kid again, this allows you to pause and see the world with more joy and wonder, to explore, laugh and just simply have fun – no strings attached. There are a variety of ways you can reconnect with your inner child, and it’s much easier than you might think! Learn more about your inner child here.
“Magic exists. Who can doubt it, when there are rainbows and wildflowers, the music of the wind and the silence of the stars? Anyone who has loved has been touched by magic. It is such a simple and such an extraordinary part of the lives we live.”― Nora Roberts