Written By Kali Pappas, Nutritionist and Blogger at Holistic Chick
Your third eye is the chakra located in the middle of your forehead between your eyebrows, also referred to as the pineal gland. It is associated with both wisdom and intuition and is considered as the gate that leads to the inner realms and spaces of higher consciousness, helping to provide perception beyond ordinary sight.
Truth be told, all humans are born with one, whether we can fully experience it or not! Those who know how to utilize their third eye are often called “seers” — which is defined as a person who is gifted with deep spiritual insight and powers.
Did you know it is possible to open your third eye? This gift may come naturally to some, but it is achievable in anyone. That is if you’re able to practice the following steps with time, patience and positivity as third eye opening can be difficult.
So how can you harness the full power of your third eye?
The first thing to note is that the third eye activation is a process that takes time and patience, but it is possible — so don’t force it! If you can promise yourself to be patient and stay positive, then you’re ready to get started! Let’s open the door to your higher consciousness by following these 5 effective steps:
- Meditation: meditate in a dark, quiet room starting with the chant “OM” three times, concentrating on your third eye.
- This has been practiced by monks for centuries in order to stimulate the pineal gland and is effectively used around the world
- Yoga: practice these 5 poses to help bring energy flow to your third eye. You can find videos on YouTube:
- 1. Wide-legged forward fold, 2. supported shoulder stand, 3. downward-facing dog, 4. child’s pose and 5. candle gazing
- Eat the right foods: the most important thing to remember is you want to eat fresh, healthy, living foods to raise your vibrations and detoxify your pineal gland to decalcify your third eye.
- Coconut oil, raw honey, bananas, seaweed, raw cacao, and purple foods like: blueberries, blackberries and purple cabbage
- Essential oils: use pure essential oils to balance and heal your third eye. Use them in a bath, rub them over your third eye, put a few drops on your pillow and try to incorporate using them in any other way that works for you:
- Lavender, rosemary, frankincense, jasmine, clary sage
- Use crystals: although there are a handful of purple crystals you can use to help heal your third eye, amethyst is the most effective and powerful crystal. It’s considered the “master healer” of stones, as it helps draw in the universe’s energy to your third eye chakra and down throughout the body — causing energy to flow freely. This crystal is also more affordable in comparison to other commonly used purple/indigo crystals for third eye healing.
- Place the crystal in the middle of your forehead in between your eyebrows to stimulate your third eye. You can use this during meditation, if you’re stressed or while sleeping
- Your third eye chakra is associated with the colour indigo/purple so wearing these colours and using these colours will all help to balance, heal and awaken your third eye.
6 common signs your third eye is opening
Here’s how to know if you have started to awaken your third eye:
- You will experiences intense pressure in the middle of your forehead between the eyebrows
- Frequent headaches
- More sensitivity to light
- Increased foresight and intuition
- Heightened sense of inner self
- Frequent vivid dreams
Is there a faster way to activate your third eye?
The short answer is — yes, but this involves taking intense psychedelics, which may not be the safest route for everyone and can come with negative side effects.
It’s important to note that awakening your third eye can sometimes be dangerous and may be associated with unpleasant side effects like: headaches, moodiness, sensitivity to light, colours and even odours, unusual sleeping patterns for example. But don’t let that discourage you, because the steps provided above will help you safely achieve your third eye awakening, and that experience has an array of benefits that outweigh the risks.
Benefits of third eye activation
- Increased intuition
- Clearer thinking
- More focused
- Improved sleep and creativity
- Better sense of oneself, direction and purpose
- Enhanced psychic awareness
- Reduced mental blockages
- Improved immunity, recovery and pain
Overall conclusion: it is possible to activate your third eye, however it is not always easy as it requires time and patience. If you implement these techniques listed above on a consistent, weekly basis and stay positive, you can achieve it!
Image by Carly Gibert on Genius